The equation of line can be defined as a process through which we can represent the set of points that results in the formation of a horizontal or a vertical line in the system of coordinates. The equation of line can also be regarded as a linear equation having the degree of one. There are various points that come together to form a straight line in the axis and are expressed as variables such as x and y forming an algebraic equation. These points are also known as X coordinate and Y coordinate. In this article, we will try to understand some basic concepts such as different forms of this line and other related topics.
Table of Contents
The following points mentioned below signify the different forms of equation of a line:
- The first form is the normal form of the equation of line which is basically based on the line which is perpendicular and also crosses/passes through the origin. This line can also be said as normal.
- The second form is the point-slope form which basically is based on the point of the line and also requires the slope of the following point.
- The third form is the straight-line equation which is the further extension of the point-slope form and the values of it are substituted from the point-slope form of the equation of line.
If you want to learn more about the concepts of the equation of line in detail and in a fun way and an interactive manner, visit Cuemath and understand math the Cuemath way.
The equation of circle can be defined as an equation of circle which defines the coordinate of the center of the circle and the radius of the circle. We can also say that a fixed point on the plane of a circle is known as the center and thus the equation is given for it is known as the equation of circle. A circle is a kind of an enclosed curve that is made or drawn from a point known as the center. The equation given for the equation of the circle is (x-h) (x-h) + (y-k) (y-k) = r*r.
An equation that expresses any position of a circle in a plane called a cartesian plane is known as the equation of circle. The main criteria of the equation of a circle is to make a circle on the cartesian plane. There are numerous ways through which we can represent or express the equation of a circle, in the next few points we may discover those various forms in a brief way. Some of the different forms are as follows:
- The general equation of the circle is the most common form of the equation of the circle used to make a circle on the cartesian plane. This is the equation used to find out the coordinates of the circle such as the x and y coordinate and the radius (R) of the circle.
- The standard equation of the circle is also one of the common ways along with the general equation which helps us to give exact and precise information about the radius and the center of the circle and thus it is way easier to understand, unlike the general equation.
- The polar equation of the circle is generally carried out with the help of the above two ways mentioned above, that is, the general equation and the standard equation. This equation is generally written for the circle which is centered at the origin.
- The parametric equation of the circle is similar to that of the polar equation of the circle. As mentioned, it is also written to gather precise information about the radius and circle centered at the origin.