Dental problems do not always happen on your schedule. You need a dentist you can rely on, whether your problem occurs during business hours, at night, or on the weekend. Doctors Network makes finding an emergency dentist in Brooklyn NY quick and easy. We are here to help you with handle traumatic injuries to your teeth in Brooklyn.Different Types of Dental Emergency
If you have any of these oral health issues, contact one of our emergency dentists such as 1st Impression Dental in Brooklyn to see if you need urgent treatment:
- Severe tooth pain Dislodged tooth Knocked-out or avulsed tooth
- Trauma to the mouth or jaw Broken tooth Sudden tooth or mouth discomfort
- Damaged veneer Lost filling or crown Severely damaged gums, tongue, or lips Cracked or chipped tooth
Table of Contents
How Can You Tell You Have a Dental-related Emergency?
You do not have to have an issue that literally fits in these categories to need an emergency dental visit. Though the literal definition of a true dental emergency is a state that threatens the living tissues in your mouth, your Brooklyn emergency dentist considers every concerning condition seriously. Every condition is different. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Blood doesn’t always indicate disaster. The mouth is home to hundreds of blood vessels in your lips, gums, cheek, and tongue. A very small laceration in the mouth can produce an alarming amount of bleeding, but that doesn’t necessarily spell worst-case scenario.
- Do not suffer the pain. If toothache is serious, it will not go away on its own. The pain will get worse and the problem will not resolve itself. Do not try to muscle through the discomfort or wait for your routine dental appointment to be examined. The longer you wait, the more likely you are to need more costly, lengthier, more invasive treatments.
- Purely cosmetic problems can usually wait. An issue with your cosmetic dentistry, like a broken veneer, is discomforting but it’s not always an issue that justifies a same-day dental appointment. You might be a little self-conscious until you get to see the dentist, but knowing your problem can wait will help mitigate your concerns.
- Do not hesitate to contact Doctors Network. If you have a concern about your dental health, contact your dentist. You will get peace of mind about your condition which can lower your anxiety level. The level of urgency may not be as bad as you think and, if it is, you will make an appointment to be seen immediately.
Visit Doctors Network for Emergency Dental Treatments
Most common emergency dental repairs include wisdom teeth removal, tooth extractions, root canal therapy, and composite resin fillings. The best solution depends of course on the diagnosis, and even though you are having pain, in some cases there is no way to tell what the cause of the pain is until you are in the dental chair. A painful tooth could be caused by caries, abscess, infection, a tooth root infection, or even gum disease. If you want to save your teeth and preserve your oral and dental health, it’s vital to have every oral health problem addressed as soon as possible.
If you have sustained injuries, search Doctors Network and visit a Brooklyn dentist to fix traumatic tooth injuries.