Concrete has numerous advantages when it is compared to other construction materials. Various benefits have made concrete the contractor’s first choice. It is the most widely used material and hence the highest in demand as well. Given below are the reasons why you must replace your current driveways with concrete driveways in Melbourne:
- Long-lasting: One of the profits that any contractor or the project owner gets is the long-lasting feature of concrete driveways. Driveways are the places that are constantly in use and thus they must be made strong and durable so that they can withstand the pressure and do not develop cracks. The low-lasting feature has made concrete driveways a popular thing these days. The driveways require less maintenance, making them the contractor’s first choice. Bitumen driveway in Melbourne is one of the contractor’s choices as well.
- Easy to maintain: While concrete driveways are long-lasting, it is crucial to carry on regular maintenance to help keep the driveway sealed and cleaned. The cleaning can include using pressurized water, a hose, and a stiff-bristled brush. These driveways will require minimal maintenance and thus you can be stress-free and relax without worrying about investing more money in its maintenance. A regular check can keep your driveway in perfect condition.
- Better reaction to heat and light: While the asphalt driveways absorb more heat, it can be a benefit in the winters, but on hot summer days it can be stressful to walk on the driveways. On the other hand, concrete driveways do not absorb that much heat and they are convenient in the summers as well.
- Better load-bearing capacity: A concrete driveway can withstand heavy loads far better than any other material. Since the driveways are constructed for walking, not intended for vehicles. In some emergencies, you might need to allow trucks to your property. In such situations, concrete driveways will not break under heavy load. The same can’t be said for driveways constructed of other materials. Concrete surfaces are thick, compressed and thus they do not break or develop cracks just like other brittle materials.
- No messy surface issues: Another benefit of having a concrete driveway is that they do not have any evaporated oil on the surface right after the installation. These oils are common issues in many of the other pavements where the oils damage the soles of the shoes or penetrate in the shoes as well.
- Environmentally friendly: Mixing concrete does not require more heat or does not consume a great deal of energy as compared to asphalt pavements or driveways. This way concrete consumes fewer petroleum products and thus saves a lot of the earth’s natural resources.
- Highly customizable The concrete driveways are not restricted to just a gray-colored flat finish. You can add your unique and creative designs to the driveways to make them more customized to your liking. You can even use vibrant colors and install different textures as well. Selecting your aesthetic and implementing the same on the driveway is not tough work to do. It is advised to consult your local concrete contractor to know more about different decorative concrete ideas. Generally, these professionals have an effective gallery of design templates and you can easily choose from the respective designs.
Table of Contents
Types of decorative concrete surfaces:
Stamped concrete: The stamped concrete is the patterned concrete, embossed and textured to look like:
- Various other patterns and textures
- Flagstone etc.
Many of the homeowners use the stamped concrete on their:
- Pool decks
- Interior flooring
- Interior flooring and
Aggregate concrete: Aggregate concrete is a blend of small stones or pebbles and cement. This type of decorative concrete surface is rough and gravelly because of the exposed aggregate design. A high-pressure blast is often used to achieve the desired elegant-looking finish.
The concrete pavers offer less water runoff and this is done by allowing water to penetrate the soil in the pavers. You will rarely see cracks in the pavers because the multiple edges allow the movement from freeze-thaw cycles.
- Help sell your property faster: If you are planning to sell your property, then constructing a concrete driveway can prove to be very helpful for the process. Driveways are one of the most important parts of any property. If your driveways are created with quality materials that will last longer and have a good texture, they will attract more buyers.
- Snow removal and easy ice: Removing snow and ice on a concrete driveway is easier than that on a gravel, asphalt, or pavers surface. Even in the snowy winters, you will not have any stress to maintain the driveway and it will be well-maintained all year round.
- Consulting with the experts of concrete driveways: You must consult the most experienced concrete pavers to make sure that you get a quality result. An expert has handled many projects and thus they can successfully construct the best quality driveway at your premises.
These are the benefits of constructing concrete driveways in Melbourne. If you are looking for skilled concrete contractors in Melbourne, make sure to check the reviews and make a uniform decision. It is advised to check the license, experience and the bond of the contractors before hiring them.