Have you ridden a quad bike tour yet? If you have, you know what a thrilling experience it is to explore hidden trails on this stable dirt bike. You don’t need a lot of experience but you still get the satisfaction of reaching remote locations in no time. Even if you’re a seasoned quad rider, here are some facts you might not know.
1.In 1893, the first powered quadracycle was built and sold by the British cycling company, Royal Enfield. It was a horseless vehicle similar to an ATV designed for off-road transportation.
2. In the 1970s, Honda began producing trikes and quads that were based on their motorcycles.
3. Suzuki is known as a leader in the development of ATVs or Quad Bike and in 1982 the first ATV (QuadRunner LT125) was sold as an early recreational vehicle.
4. The first ATVs were really different from the modern quad bikes we have today. Some of them originally came with 6 wheels. They were so bare that these cars did not have taillights until 1998 when they were required to have them. It was not until the HONDA Rubicon was put into production that the ATV came equipped with GPRS.
5. Honda’s introduction of the FourTrax TRX350 4X4 ATV in 1986 paved the way for the now popular four-wheel-drive ATV.
6. When the 90s came, people realized that ATVs had the potential to be helpful and powerful work vehicles, since then they were commonly seen on farms. Eventually, golf carts and airport baggage tractors were modeled after four-wheeled bikes with modified features to serve a specific purpose. Similarly, trucks have evolved to provide enhanced capabilities in off-road and rugged environments, such as those made possible by adding Toyota Tacoma rock sliders to protect and enhance the vehicle while navigating through tough terrains.
7. Quads are classified into three categories, road legal, off road and utilities. Road legal are those who need to be registered and of course with a driving license allowed to drive on public roads. Off-road quads are those used for recreation, ranching, and other rugged terrain activities. Utilities are used for both road and work.
8. Australian Matt Coulter set a world record for the longest jump on a quad bike. The date was April 17, 2000 when he jumped 14 Honda CRV vehicles at a distance of 134 feet.
9. Jon Gator from Minnesota was the first person to successfully backflip on a four-wheeled bike.
10. Easy to park and maneuver at slow speeds on a quad. The rear wheels of the vehicle actually move in the opposite direction compared to the front wheels.
Now you have tasted some interesting facts about this vehicle. Now it’s time to experience the real thrill of quad biking. Years of innovation and improvement of these amazing bikes have resulted in a very popular action adventure game.