Although one can never get over the look of the little ones in the house, it is important for parents to be mindful of the physical and mental development of their kids. After all, they are learning, growing, and booming from time to time.
Especially the first year of their lives is crucial because their mind and body are going through a lot of changes. This is why parents must be mindful of getting their kids started with mental and physical exercises. Below, we have mentioned a few ways parents can strive to improve the baby’s physical growth:
Babies will develop at different stages. But, the time frame is the same for all of them. Thus, it is best if you incorporate physical activity into their routine. It will have a strong impact on their tiny bodies. Let’s break down the physical activity according to their ages:
Zero to three months
- Make a routine of making your baby strengthen their arms, neck, and back muscles through tummy time.
- Change the positioning of the baby when you put them to bed.
- Hold the baby to your chest so you’re face to face with them.
Four to Six Months
- Increase the length of time that the baby spends on their tummy.
- Teach babies how to roll by using props such as play balls.
- Play peek-a-boo and see how your munchkin reacts.
Seven to Nine Months
- Roll the baby with care while they’re sitting.
- ● Push the baby in the swing so they understand the importance of force.
Ten to Twelve Months
- Introduce stacking toys, as they benefit a child’s mental and physical growth.
- Also, introduce music in the house so your baby has the urge to crawl and learn new things.
While it is important to give attention to a baby’s mental and physical growth, it is more important to be considerate of the options for children of special needs. Sometimes, parents will get too carried away that they will cause damage to their children. This is when they rush to children chiropractor at Sunshine Coast for help. Such professionals examine the physical health of the children and recommend the best treatment. Sure they are expensive, but they will certainly do a great deal of change to your child’s health.
Babies are quick to learn new skills, and it is fun for the caregiver to see how the little ones grow. Thus, it’s best if you fill the days with fun for the baby. Make sure to plan activities for the day, so your baby gets to learn something new every day. This will have a strong impact on the baby’s emotional and physical health. Now is the best time to focus on taking your baby to the doctor for a complete health checkup, so you can rest assured that the little one is healthy. Once done, you can plan the daily physical activity for your little one.